Thursday, December 20, 2007

Amazed by other people plus much more

I was playing very high stakes Omaha hi/low the other night ($200/400) and couldn't believe the chat box, which is annoying and I usually have turned off. Railtards (broke people who watch the high stakes games and type). I was asked for $5 to $20 about 50 times during a 4 hour heads up session. I was told I was a God, a horrible player, a lucky donk, a smart player, awesome, and obv. you foul names. With over $10,000 at the table I really don't care what a broke person watching my game thinks of me, if they were good then they would be sitting. I sold 30% of my action and made about $6,000 in the game -30%.

A group of poker friends and I were coin flipping (playing a pot limit game and each putting in the max preflop regardless of our hand), I was asked by a railtard to transfer him $50, we flip for it, if he wins then he will send back $50, obv. this makes zero sense and I ignored the offer that is very -ev. When we flip we make sure we have enough people to block people that will sit out and just try to catch a great hand the first hand and make a shit load of money.

My heads up no limit hold em game has been going good, one really bad day but 4 great days. I've been playing 2 tables at a time to concentrate more (6max games I usually play at least 6).
I guess I'm just so surprised at how dumb people are. Instead of begging for money on a poker site they should read poker forums, poker books, or watch and try to learn from great players. When I played limit hold em I would watch great players, learn, and alter my game, I went from small stakes to high stakes in about 18 months (.5/1 to 30/60 and some 50/100, 100/200). I would sadly imagine these railtards wearing the texas hold em jackets that can be found at target, wallmart, kmart, etc. lol.

I've played about 4 hu nl sessions against a complete maniac, I have won about 8 buyins off him and he continues to play me (which is a good thing). I don't claim to know everything about nl hu but I can spot some really big holes in his game. He folds about 9/10 times to a check raise on the flop, I do this with any part of the board or a good starting hand. He quickly sucked out multiple times on Monday night and got up 4 buyins but I cut my losses to 1 buyin and he left.

Trip report from Frankenmuth coming soon with pictures. We made what we could of the weekend, I'm still kinda bummed about missing N.Y. around Christmas time.

No comments: